We had such a good time at the release party for TRICKED, which we called “Atticus & Oberon’s Sausage Fest,” that I’m going to do it again!
Some things are the same: It’s limited to 100 people, you’ll get a signed copy of the book and a special souvenir pint glass, and I’ll be coming around to talk to you. But there will also be some important differences, so here they are:
1) This time around, it’s going to be called Atticus & Oberon’s Beer Bonanza. That’s because I’m buying two kegs and you can have all you want until we drink ‘em dry. Once the kegs are gone (or if you’re not a fan of beer), it’s cash bar. The beers are Dos Equis Lager and Smithwick’s.
2) Um, yeah. It’s kind of an over-21 sort of party. Apologies to my younger readers! And make sure you arrange safe, sober transportation home.
3) It won’t be at Rúla Búla this time due to a scheduling conflict. The date is Saturday, Dec. 1, and that coincides with the Tempe Festival of the Arts, during which they close down Mill Avenue and 250K people roam around. It’s a great time to visit Tempe and Rúla Búla—and I highly recommend it!—but it’s also impossible to arrange a private party at Rula Bula that day.
4) We’re having this in east Mesa at a place called Nando’s Mexican Cafe. I’ve attended parties there before and it rocks. There’s indoor and outdoor seating. There will be an all-you-can-eat taco and enchilada bar. You won’t go away hungry or thirsty.
5) Last time a poster was included in the price. This time you get a T-shirt in the size, style and design you want. There are two designs to choose from and each design comes in either a men’s T-shirt or a women’s T-shirt—the latter tends to be a bit more form-fitting. If you want to order extra T-shirts, you CAN! If you’re attending the party, you can buy all the extra shirts you want for the smokin’ hot deal of $8 each. I’m trying to arrange it so that you can order T-shirts without coming to the party. If I can arrange that, those will be $15 each including shipping anywhere in the US. No international shipping, sorry! Here are the two different designs, which I should mention were both designed by the amazing Emily Beu at Two Birds Creative in San Francisco:
6) The party will be from 4-7 pm instead of 3-6 pm. The likelihood that Nando’s will try to get you to leave at 7 is as close to zero as I can imagine.
7) The tickets are a bit more expensive this time. I don’t make money from this but I don’t want to get hosed either, which kind of happened to me last time because I forgot that PayPal takes a hunk of every transaction. Live and learn, Kev! Anyway, the tickets are $40. To review, here’s what you get for that:
- A signed copy of TRAPPED, and I’ll come around to visit with you and personalize it. Plus it’s probably mandatory that we take a silly picture or two, don’t you think? (Books come from The Poisoned Pen, so you’re supporting indie bookstores too. If you want to buy extra copies there and have me sign ‘em for friends I’d be delighted, of course)
- The opportunity to meet my mom! I only mention it because last time she was kind of the hit of the party. :)
- A pint glass with the Beer Bonanza logo on it
- A T-shirt with either the Beer Bonanza logo or the Guilt Ferret design
- All-you-can-eat tacos and enchiladas
- Beer until it’s gone (If everyone drank the same amount, it would work out to three beers each) and the opportunity to try some really high-grade tequilas if you weren’t going to use those brain cells anyway
- You’re automatically entered in a drawing for a signed, framed poster of the map that appears in the front of TRAPPED. And it’s not just signed by me; it’s also signed by the artist, Priscilla Spencer, who is five kinds of brilliant. Gotta be present to win it! :)
So, when are tickets on sale? Tickets go on sale at 9am EST on Saturday, August 4 on my site’s STORE page. Limit two per household. It’s a PayPal thing but remember that you do NOT need a PayPal account to buy tickets. They provide a link where you can pay using a credit or debit card. Only 100 tickets will be sold. If you don’t get a ticket but would still like to come to the shindig and say hello, just come at 7:30 and I’ll be on the patio. The Poisoned Pen will have copies of the series to buy and all that.
Hopefully the Internet Gods will be on my side and everything will go as planned. Thank you in advance, I do hope you can come and I can’t wait to meet you!