Very excited! In less than a week, I’m off on a quick tour of the south—hope I can see you there!
Before you say, “Come to my town!” please understand that this is my best attempt to do so. The tour is out o’ me own pocket and I can’t afford to visit every place I’d like to. I’m trying to meet you more than halfway, in other words; you might have to drive a little bit to see me, especially since I might not make it back to your neck of the woods soon. I’m planning on doing the west coast in the summer of 2013.
The best and easiest way to get me out to your neighborhood is to have a local convention or writers’ conference invite me—that’s why I’m going to Indianapolis July 6-8 and heading to Utah October 5-6. Otherwise, I design road trips during the summers and visit places I wanna visit. So here’s where I’ll be—very soon!
June 7, Dallas, Texas
- A Real Bookstore, appearing with Jaye Wells, author of the Sabina Kane novels, at 7 pm!
June 8, Cincinnati, Ohio and Lexington, Kentucky
- I’ll be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in both cities. Cannot say enough good things about those stores. In Cincinnati at 3pm, I’m doing a bit of a drive-by; I’ll say howdy to everyone, sign books, and hang out, but I won’t make a long presentation for two reasons: 1) I have to get to Lexington, and 2) the Illustrious John Scalzi will be there at 7pm signing Redshirts and I need to evacuate the Green Room so they can fill it full of Coke Zero. :) Quite a good day to show up in Cincinnati, eh? In Lexington at 7pm I’ll take my time—the guys there have been so great promoting my books. I think they deserve a hug.
June 9, Nashville, Tennessee
- Happily at Parnassus Books at 5 pm. This bookstore is owned by author Ann Patchett and it looks to be pretty spiffy. If you’re anywhere near Nashville please come visit!
June 10, Atlanta, Georgia
- I’ll be signing at A Cappella Books at 2 pm. Since I won’t be going to Dragon*Con, this will be my only visit to the Atlanta area! I hope to see you there; please bring your friends!
June 11, Charlotte, North Carolina
- I’ll be at Park Road Books in Charlotte at 7 pm! I think I’ve managed to double-book myself with two different fans. I’m supposed to get coffee with one and a beer with another. This will be interesting. And cool. And fun.
June 12, Durham/Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- So here you might be wondering, hey, why does NC get two visits? Well, it’s because of the greatest sports movie EVAR, Bull Durham. Ever since that movie came out way back when I’ve wanted to catch a game there. So I’m going to see the day game against the Toledo Mud Hens and then I’ll drive down to Chapel Hill to visit with people at Flyleaf Books at 7 pm! And hell yes I’ll be wearing my Durham Bulls hat! It’ll be all new and shiny! You should come just to witness my giant haul of Bulls merchandise.
June 13, Washington, DC
- Library of Congress! Heck yes you can go there! It’s not like the members of Congress are using it. It’s the people’s library! I’ll be speaking there at high noon with a wee speech called “Urban Fantasy: A Uniquely American Genre.” It’s in the Staff Multipurpose Room, 6th Floor, Red Corner of the Madison Building, and yeah, it’s totally open to the public. They won’t be selling my books there, but you can come anyway with anything you’d like me to sign—one of my books, your pocket Constitution—and I’ll happily do so. I was invited to speak there by a librarian and so of course I couldn’t refuse.
So there you have it! Hope to see you on my road trip! If I’m impossibly far from you, I’m very sorry, and I hope we can meet at some event later on!